Miguel has worked as a professional geologist for more than 25 years in Greenfield exploration, geological consulting, accomplished prospector and exploration manager for numerous projects including CRA / Rio Tinto, Paramount Ventures, Mansfield Minerals, Teck Cominco, Admiralty Resources (ADY), Condor Resources, Cascadero Copper, and Orocobre. He was an exploration geologist for five years for Salta Exploraciones (SESA), formerly a wholly owned subsidiary of Cascadero Copper where he assisted, developed and implemented property identification and acquisition of projects with the TR Prospecting Group from British Columbia and Calgary, Alberta. This period of boot and hammer prospecting identified several of the properties that now constitute the core assets of Cascadero Minerals S.A. Miguel has a broad range of expertise and extensive experience and knowledge of porphyry copper systems in Peru, Chile and Argentina. He is responsible for the discovery of new high- and low-sulphidation gold and silver epithermal showings, and identifying IOCG and VMS type alteration systems previously not recognized. The prospecting campaigns were focused on the presence of regional and district scale structural systems that exist in Chile and continue into western and north western Argentina.
Miguel's recent focus is lithium brine deposits with an emphasis on the discovery and development of new brine deposits including Salar de Olaroz, which is now in production. The Olaroz Salar is the world's first new production of 20,000 tons of lithium carbonate per year.
Miguel is currently a Director and General Manager of South American Salars S.A. (Company Salares Exploration of Orocobre Group), Managing Partner of Salta Environmental SRL and is active in managing a large private portfolio of highly prospective mineral tenures in Chile and Argentina.
In 2012, Miguel was nominated as one of the most Outstanding Geologists in Argentina.
Miguel has been involved in identifying and assisting in the development of the following projects:
- Leon sediment hosted Kupershifer type copper deposit
- Porphyry copper Pachamamita
- Porphyry copper and gold El Alisal prospect in Tucuman
- Miguel was a member of the Mansfield Mining exploration team that discovered the large-scale Rio Grande copper-gold showing that was developed to measured reserve status.
- Lithium Project Generator Salar del Rincón (years 2000-2003) now close to production
- Discovered a new area of porphyries copper in seventh region of Chile (Brahma, Austral)
- Greenfield exploration of porphyry and epithermal deposits in Peru with Canadian owned Condor Resources
- Generated 20 new areas with potential for gold, copper, zinc, rare metals and rare earth, with Canadian (Cascadero Copper) owned Salta Explorations
- Discovery of lithium carbonate and potassium bearing Salars in north western Argentina including Salar Olaroz, Salar Cangrejillos, Salar Incahuasi
Respectfully submitted to the Cascadero Board of Directors
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Service Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.