LAS BURRAS AND INCAHUASI
The Las Burras property is located near the city of Salta, Argentina. The Las Burras-Incahuasi mineralized systems are hosted in Tertiary stocks, dykes and volcanics, and intrude into late Proterozoic sedimentary and Cambrian intrusive rocks. The region contains Au-Cu-Mo porphyry deposits in three separate showings and numerous occurrences with quartz, sericite, tourmaline and pyrite alteration. Mineralization also occurs as stockworks, veins, and greisen settings. Las Burras itself is an 800 by 200-meter alteration and leach-cap zone. Zones of highly anomalous gold are peripheral to each of the porphyry settings and previous work down played their potential as a gold play. These are vein and stockwork systems of quartz, pyrite, sericite, specular hematite and tourmaline that appear to represent a stage of mineralization later than, and peripheral to, the porphyries. These include:
- A zone of about 600 x 600 meters along the eastern margin of the most northerly of the porphyries. Of 191 prospecting samples collected, 17 were greater than 1 gm/t gold with a high of 5.8 gm/t. Silver values are also elevated with a high of 115 ppm.
- A 50 x 400 meter zones along the east side of the south porphyry. Of 13 samples collected, all were greater than 100 ppb and with 5 greater than 1 gm/t (3 greater than 2.5 gm/t with a high of 3.8 gm).
- Other anomalous zones of gold mineralization in the area include:
- Six samples collected across a 100 m zone in the western margin of the property - 5 were anomalous with three giving values of 6.1, 12.3 and 3.7 gm/t gold. One kilometer to the north a sample gave 11gm/t associated with specular hematite.
- High-grade gold values to 200 gm/t associated with isolated quartz-pyrite-tourmaline veins to the east of the south porphyry. Gold values of 200 and 128 gm/t were obtained from separate veins.
- Gold to 3 gm/t associated with veins along the east side of the middle porphyry.
- Gold to 8.8 gm/t associated with quartz carbonate veins along the southwest part of the area.
- Gold to 48 gm/t associated with quartz, tourmaline, and sericite altered greisen breccias.
- An 11 gram gold sample from quartz (pyrite and specular hematite) veins north of (3) a.
Work done in 2003 yielded the following:
|SR 6020||13||994||1373||54||4||76||35.2||941||7||70||1020||Las Burras|
|AL 0129||30||141||9228||68||84.1||122||10.68||606||162||98||1010||Las Burras|
|SR 6023||4||81||438||1038||1.8||438||30.39||271||3||27||990||Las Burras|
|BR 3121||58||1632||>9999||1173||57.2||218||15.38||698||166||9||850||Las Burras|
|BR 3120||242||887||7715||2030||14.8||5280||9.57||507||26||37||410||Las Burras|
|SR 6024||20||142||46||44||1.1||72||8.01||107||< 3||3||180||Las Burras|
|BR 3123||9||62||57||15||6||128||3.17||22||< 3||17||130||Las Burras|
|SR 6025||34||282||1135||56||20.1||92||13.42||161||< 3||51||130||Las Burras|
|SR 6022||6||158||15||22||2.4||67||8.51||69||< 3||8||110||Las Burras|
|BR 3122||7||60||149||16||1.4||118||3.46||87||< 3||5||70||Las Burras|
|AL 0127||15||290||8||16||0.7||42||4.82||68||< 3||5||30||Las Burras|
|SR 6026||5||108||20||29||0.8||99||4.2||29||< 3||< 3||30||Las Burras|
|AL 0122||49||225||10||27||< .3||69||1.38||7||< 3||< 3||10||Las Burras|
|AL 0123||8||167||21||14||< .3||74||2.12||9||< 3||< 3||10||Las Burras|
|AL 0124||109||54||9||9||0.3||56||2.29||7||< 3||< 3||10||Las Burras|
|AL 0125||103||381||31||4||0.3||38||5.33||6||3||< 3||10||Las Burras|
|AL 0126||36||21||14||4||0.5||42||1.35||6||< 3||< 3||10||Las Burras|
|AL 0128||283||27||10||9||< .3||138||0.49||2||< 3||< 3||10||Las Burras|
|BR 3124||8||95||157||74||2.7||529||4.07||35||< 3||7||10||Las Burras|
|SR 6021||29||31||132||259||1.7||487||6.07||31||< 3||8||10||Las Burras|
These values are pulled from a 2003 report by Dr. T.A. Richards and Ron Bilquist. Cascadero hopes to continue exploration of Las Burras in the 2017-2018 field season.Las Burras is jointly owned by Cascadero and parter Regberg.